Close Menu
    What's Hot

    US Merchants Buys West Valley Site

    May 24, 2026

    White House Shooting Sparks Security Alarm

    May 24, 2026

    Iran Ceasefire Deal Nears Final Stage

    May 24, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • US Merchants Buys West Valley Site
    • White House Shooting Sparks Security Alarm
    • Iran Ceasefire Deal Nears Final Stage
    • San Diego mosque shooting exposes rising hate fears
    • Taiwan arms sale pause linked to Iran war
    • Tulsi Gabbard resignation as intelligence chief
    • Rubio Modi meeting focuses on energy crisis talks
    • US Migrant Deportations Reach Sierra Leone
    MirnewsMirnews
    • General
    • World
    • Finance
    • Money
    • Lifestyle
    • More
      • Culture
      • Travel & Tourism
      • Environment & Sustainability
    Subscribe
    • Latest News
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Technology
    • Sports
    • Health
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    MirnewsMirnews
    Home»Technology»OpenAI Considered Alerting Police About Future Canadian School Shooter
    Technology

    OpenAI Considered Alerting Police About Future Canadian School Shooter

    Andrew RogersBy Andrew RogersFebruary 22, 2026No Comments1 Min Read
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Telegram Pinterest Tumblr Reddit WhatsApp Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    OpenAI said it flagged the account of Jesse Van Rootselaar months before a deadly attack in British Columbia.
    The system identified the activity in June last year as linked to the “furtherance of violent activities”.

    The company reviewed whether to notify the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
    It decided the content did not show an imminent and credible threat at the time.
    Its policy requires clear risk of serious physical harm before a referral.

    Last week, the 18-year-old killed eight people in Tumbler Ridge and then died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
    Police said the victims included a teaching assistant and five students aged 12 to 13.
    Investigators reported earlier mental-health-related contacts with authorities.

    After the attack, OpenAI contacted the RCMP and shared information about the account.
    The company said it will continue to assist the investigation.
    The motive for the shooting remains unknown.

    The massacre is Canada’s deadliest mass killing since the 2020 Nova Scotia rampage.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleTrump Orders Immediate Tariff Hike to 15% Despite Court Setback
    Next Article Trump’s Trade Tensions Rise: Supreme Court Limits Authority as Global Tariffs Take Effect
    Andrew Rogers
    • Website
    • Facebook

    Andrew Rogers is a freelance journalist based in Chicago, USA, with over 10 years of experience covering Politics, World Affairs, Business, Health, Technology, Finance, Lifestyle, and Culture. He graduated with a degree in Journalism from the University of Florida. Over the years, he has contributed to leading outlets such as The New York Times, CNN, and Reuters. Recognized for his sharp reporting and thoughtful analysis, Andrew delivers accurate and timely news that keeps readers updated on key national and global developments.

    Related Posts

    Microchip Technology Stock Drops After New Warning

    May 16, 2026

    Rural Internet Expansion Boosts Free Access

    May 5, 2026

    California Honors Genentech 50-Year Legacy

    April 8, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Latest News

    US Migrant Deportations Reach Sierra Leone

    May 21, 2026

    Trump Gas Prices Remark Sparks Backlash

    May 21, 2026

    Ebola Flight Diversion Hits Air France Jet

    May 21, 2026

    NVIDIA AI Growth Fails To Lift Shares

    May 21, 2026

    Cyprus Faces Urgent Water Crisis

    Economy November 12, 2025

    The Audit Office of Cyprus warned that climate change and water shortages demand immediate reform.…

    Reddit Challenges Australia’s Strict Social Media Ban for Teens

    December 12, 2025

    Roomba maker iRobot sold to Chinese supplier after filing for bankruptcy

    December 15, 2025

    Paramount Skydance reportedly preparing takeover bid for Warner Bros Discovery (WBD)

    September 12, 2025

    Mir News brings you fresh stories, news, culture, and trends from the United States and beyond — your daily source for insight, inspiration, and authentic perspectives.

    We're social. Connect with us:

    Facebook Instagram
    Categories
    • Business
    • Culture
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Environment & Sustainability
    • Health
    • Media
    • Latest News
    • Opinion
    • Real Estate
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Travel & Tourism
    Latest News

    Iran Ceasefire Deal Nears Final Stage

    May 24, 2026

    San Diego mosque shooting exposes rising hate fears

    May 23, 2026

    Taiwan arms sale pause linked to Iran war

    May 23, 2026
    All Rights Reserved © 2026 Mirnews.
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and conditions
    • Disclaimer
    • Imprint

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.